Sketch Course & Anatomic Modelling for surgeons
When eyes start to feel and hands learn to see...
The »Sketch Course« and »Anatomic Modelling for Surgeons« workshops started with a great vision: to compensate for a deficit in morphologic surgical disciplines. Haptic and artistic qualities are rarely taught as subjects in their own right, although they are especially important in Maxillofacial and Aesthetic Surgery.
To Dr. Wolfgang Metka it was essential to consider Aesthetic Surgery from the perspective of an artist. He was one of the few who had studied art in addition to his classical medical education. He has learned from Kokoschka, Picasso and Szyszkowitz to experience the world through the eyes of an artist. He recognized that he has to create a synergy of disciplines in order to guarantee satisfying results for patients with the biggest chance of success as a conglomerate.
Together with Mag. Neuffer-Hoffmann, an artist and sculptor, he developed a method to overcome the primacy of the visual in order to get a threedimensional, plastic cognition to develop our senses holistically and selectively.
Recent developments and findings in plastic facial surgery and philosophy, especially cognitive research, not only scientifically prove but complete the primacy of arts in aesthetic surgery with additional aspects.
In our sketch course …
- you will learn to better educate patients using a sketch
- you will improve your perceptual skills
- you will practise to break down three dimensional proportions into two
- you will understand how to better mark patients before the operation
- you will experience the use of a sketch as a graphic operating report
- you will train skills that will enable you to better communicate with patients and are a valuable proof for you individually educating them
In our modelling workshop…
- you will understand the various principles of plastic shaping
- you will experience graphic, haptic and plastic excercises on the morphology of human body parts
- you will learn step by step the techniques and design of a clay bust portrait or a torso
- you will comprehend holistically and selectively, tactically and visually, and you will discover new approaches, perspectives and experiences
In cooperation with: